Content warning: This Peanuts special largely takes place in Snoopy's nightmare, so there is mention of dog death.
- egg milk: what is it??;
- how to "under-dogify" your dog;
- why it is so hard to recreate dream logic in any medium;
- getting technical about harpy boobage;
- knowing neither when to hold 'em, nor when to fold 'em;
- the platonic relationships we have with our pets;
- Madame Cher's Parlour Of Hoochie-Coo & Flakin' The Nuggets;
- resigning yourself to the idea that you've raised sociopaths;
- an all-new totally bonkers fan theory that contains Meatlump Theory.
Manuel Gonzales is the author of the novel The Regional Office is Under Attack! and the acclaimed story collection The Miniature Wife, winner of the American Academy of Arts and Letters Sue Kaufman Prize for First Fiction and the John Gardner Fiction Book Award. A graduate of the Columbia University Creative Writing Program, he teaches writing at the University of Kentucky and the Institute of American Indian Arts. He has published fiction and nonfiction in Open City, Fence, One Story, Esquire, McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern, and The Believer.
What a Nightmare, Charlie Brown is available for your home viewing on the Peanuts 1970's DVD collection, volume 2.
Peanuts Gallery is a proud member of Waffle Media.