Today we turn our lens of lumpy scrutiny to 1973's A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, the tenth Peanuts animated special and the third ever holiday special. Joseph Scrimshaw joins us as we talk about the importance (or lack thereof) of holiday traditions, and how maybe Snoopy's doghouse isn't a TARDIS but in fact a Portal.
Topics of discussion include:
- Is this the most Gen X Peanuts special? Joseph Scrimshaw reports;
- the Peanuts cannot have two TARDISes
- listen, all y'all, it's a TOAST MONTAGE;
- Marcie's funky normcore look;
- Linus getting bit by a radioactive Bible and becoming Bibleman;
- not playing Lovers' Games;
- A Charlie Kaufman Thanksgiving;
- being the magical dog that some bird latches onto as a coup for power;
- reenacting A Charlie Brown Christmas from memory with a cast of found items on a desert island.
Our guest Joseph Scrimshaw (host of Obsessed with Joseph Scrimshaw) is all about bold thesis statements. Find more of him at JosephScrimshaw.com, follow him on Twitter as @JosephScrimshaw, and check out his show "Headcanon" on Anchor.fm!
Thanksgiving vs. Christmas (with Extra Gravy) is available for digital download wherever fine Thanksgiving vs. Christmases are sold.
Audio blandishment by Ken Plume.
Peanuts Gallery is proud to be part of Waffle.Media.