Fasten your pants belts for a marathon of minutiae with armchair Peanuts scholar Kathleen DeVere. This episode is so CHOCK FULL of Peanuts trivia that we also have an abridged episode for folks who insist that we stay on the topic of It's A Mystery, Charlie Brown.
Our guest this week is Kathleen DeVere. She can be found on Twitter as @Kathleen_LRR, and she can be found on Twitch and YouTube with LoadingReadyRun. Please enjoy this sketch that she & Molly are in together, and tell them PigPen sent you!
Topics of discussion include:
- the era of Peak Snoopy Marketability;
- which of the Peanuts gang "found themselves" in college;
- the canon's first justifiable "AUGH";
- Peppermint Patty's family history;
- comedy's time-tested Rule of Fours??;
- Canada's new tourism slogan, "Come To Canada, & Touch Our Old Peanuts Stuff";
- Marcie's stellar example of how to deal with randos on the internet.
If you've ever wondered if the Peanuts' oft-used catchphrase "AUGH" is ever uttered in real life, a little past the midpoint of this episode we all find out.