We wrist-wrestle with 1969's IT WAS A SHORT SUMMER, CHARLIE BROWN, in which the boys take on the girls in a summertime battle of the sexes, and get their dumb, uncoordinated butts handed to them for the better part of a half-hour. Special guest Nicole Dieker joins us in an episode recorded in the middle of the damn ocean during this year's JoCo Cruise.
Pour yourself a tall glass of Electrolyte Solution and watch it on DailyMotion.
Topics of discussion include:
- adults vs. children vs. tall children;
- a stone soup / Wizard of Oz mashup (not in Latin);
- the proper rules of "hangman", and Nicole coining the phrase "hangdoodle";
- Garbage Snoopy Land, with alternate Snoopy creatures;
- You can hug a meatlump, but can a meatlump hug you back?;
- Asshole Blanket Gymnastics;
- the migratory habits of Brazilian potato chips;
- the rise of the Matriarchy.
We wrote a holiday musical a couple years ago, inspired in no small part by the Peanuts holiday specials. It's available to stream or purchase on Bandcamp.