Life-long Peanuts fans and professional fussbudgets Molly Lewis & Josh A. Cagan discuss and dissect the animated specials. Podcast art by Lar deSouza.
Topics of discussion
- RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc (RIP);
- a pile of kid bones inside a general store;
- Easy Rider & MAS*H references… you know, for the kids!
- America's new favorite game: "Is That A Lump?";
- Spearmint Suzy, who never found an audience;
- Dunderson Gunderfoot & other reasons to get picked on at camp;
- multiple kinds of adults in the PAU: Lumps, Brittles, & Crisps™;
- the single worst rendition of "She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain" ever released to the public;
- Ken Plume finally slings a reference over everybody's head;
- Molly finally greets Snoopy Bullshit with open arms.
Editor's note: If Peppermint Patty's mishandling of the democratic process reminded you at all of current events, make sure you're registered to vote!
A decathlon unfolds in real time, and a boy learns about the loneiness of the long distance runner. Also: a dog wears a mask but doesn't have pupils, and everyone's cool with it.
A dog drinks a mug full of nickels, and a boy is harnessed & whipped.
A football game happens in real time. A boy suffers a devastating concussion. Also, a dog can fly, and everyone's cool with it.
We have a good old fashioned Lump Dump with one-man blandishment department Ken Plume.
Stupid children plant trees in a stupid baseball field and then it rains. Also, a dog puts a bird in a copying machine.
A boy gets a concussion, and is placed in a kennel. Also, a dog reads pornography.
Sad children learn that love is garbage. Also, a dog pelts a child with garbage.
Animator & writer Leigh Lahav brings a fresh perspective on Christmas, America, Stranger Things, and more in our annual revisit of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
A dog goes away, and comes back, and goes away, and comes back. Also, he punches two children in the face.
Children ride escalators, and a girl doesn't know how eggs work. Also, a bird has a swingin' bachelor pad.