Life-long Peanuts fans and professional fussbudgets Molly Lewis & Josh A. Cagan discuss and dissect the animated specials. Podcast art by Lar deSouza.
Josh and Molly run at 1972's You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown, a thin gruel of a political sendup.
Topics of discussion include:
- Josh singing more than usual;
- Melendelson's Razor;
- watching television with a big foam finger that says "TELEVISION"
- the Charlie decimal system (try it at home!);
- rousing breakfasts;
- the popular mandate for MORE DOGS EATING SANDWICHES;
- The Internet Before The Internet Was Invented;
- the face the Cheshire Cat would make if it was holding a knife;
- release from our spiritual Babylon;
- the Peanuts as XMen (not corroborated by Google Image search);
- painfully trying to be "funky";
- Speak Truth To Power, Sweet Baboo!
Audio blandishment by Ken Plume.
Go to http://waffle.media for more good good content.
Angela Webber (of The Doubleclicks) joins us for an review of 1971's aerosol-obsessed "Play It Again, Charlie Brown."
For our two-part HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR, Nicole Dieker and Andy Cownden join us to talk about Eric Schaeffer's popular stage adaptation of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
We review the 1969 feature film "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" with special guest Allie Goertz!
We review 1969's "It Was A Short Summer, Charlie Brown" with special guest Nicole Dieker!
We review 1968's "He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown" with special guest Kayla Cagan!
This largely embarrassing specimen of a Charlie Brown special is redeemed by the introduction of Grown-Up Trombone Voice, the Little Red Haired Girl, & Peppermint Patty!
Get into the Halloween spirit the only way the Peanuts gang knows how: with bags of rocks, threats of litigation, and extended sequences of a dog being shot at.
Charlie Brown's team is the worst at baseball, and it's all Charlie Brown's fault. But will an offer of aid from yet another unseen adult turn Charlie Brown's bad luck around?? (Spoiler alert: No.)
Also there's a 3-hour long sequence of Snoopy surfing.
Josh & Molly kick this podcast off with the Peanuts special that started it all.