Life-long Peanuts fans and professional fussbudgets Molly Lewis & Josh A. Cagan discuss and dissect the animated specials. Podcast art by Lar deSouza.
Our guests are Josh's mom Korky (with a K) and Molly's mom Cathy (with a C).
Discussion points include:
- Josh's childhood Snoopy slippers;
- Molly's childhood "Happy Tape";
- the Rankin-Bass classic, "The Monster Who Had A Toothache";
- distracting your children with a Hawaiian Ice machine so you can finish your margarita;
- why Korky was asked to leave Catholic high school;
- "The Josh Cagan Show," an actual show that actually happened;
- Molly recites a poem to her grandfather & Josh eats a dog biscuit.
Blandishment by Ken Plume.
Podcast art by Lar DeSouza.
Peanuts Gallery is a proud member of Waffle Media.
Children are dropped in a river & left to die, and also a dog punches a cat in the face twice.
A decathlon unfolds in real time, and a boy learns about the loneiness of the long distance runner. Also: a dog wears a mask but doesn't have pupils, and everyone's cool with it.
A dog drinks a mug full of nickels, and a boy is harnessed & whipped.
A football game happens in real time. A boy suffers a devastating concussion. Also, a dog can fly, and everyone's cool with it.
We have a good old fashioned Lump Dump with one-man blandishment department Ken Plume.
Stupid children plant trees in a stupid baseball field and then it rains. Also, a dog puts a bird in a copying machine.
A boy gets a concussion, and is placed in a kennel. Also, a dog reads pornography.
Sad children learn that love is garbage. Also, a dog pelts a child with garbage.
Animator & writer Leigh Lahav brings a fresh perspective on Christmas, America, Stranger Things, and more in our annual revisit of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
A dog goes away, and comes back, and goes away, and comes back. Also, he punches two children in the face.